Monday, June 29, 2009

Favourite Poet

Who is my favourite poet? Well, my favourite poet is Shel Silverstein. He is the author of my favourite poems. I did not like poems before, but after i read his poem "Messy Room", I started to like poetry and "Messy Room" has become my favourite poem since then Why? It is because his poems have no fixed theme. They are also very funny and interesting, not like some poets whose poems are boring. I think humor poems are very hard to write as poets like Robert Frost cannot write humor poems. I have read through some poems on http://famouspoetsandpoems.com and i could hardly find a funny poem (aside from Shel Silverstein's poem) His poems can also describe the human emotions like laughter, humour, sadness, grief, happiness etc. very well. This fact and the fact that he can write funny poems while other poets cannot shows that he is a very accomplished and skilful poet who is capable of writing good poems. Shel Silverstein had two children. His first child was daughter Shoshanna (Shanna), born June 30, 1970. Susan Hastings died 5 years later, on June 29, 1975, in Baltimore, Maryland. A Light in the Attic was dedicated to Shanna. Some of his poems are Messy Room, Whatif and Bear In There. Sadly, The poet passed away in 1999. His creative poems will be missed. References: http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/shel_silverstein : en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shel_Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment