Monday, February 15, 2010

Chinese New Year

I just finished celebrating Chinese New Year. During this time, I was very busy as I had to collect money from relatives :D and interacting with cousins etc. So, as usual, I went to my grandmother's house in the morning at about 10am. When I was there, we took our usual family photo and had a sumptuous lunch, which had abalone, sea cucumber, pig tendon and a lot of other good food. This year, my grandmother actually opened 6 cans of abalone! Then, we went to my great-grandmother's and grand uncle's house to visit and collect money :P. After a whole day of visting, we went to my maternal grandmother's house to visit her and then finally back home to rest for about 1 to 2 hours. Then we went to my aunt's house to eat steamboat. The second day was not as hectic and we visited the temple my father goes to as he noes the abbot there. To my amazement, the abbot actually hired a lion dance troupe. My ear drums almost popped when they started banging and clanging their instruments, so I heaved a sigh of relief when it finally ended. After reaching home, my mother cooked instant noodles for the whole family to eat. Then, my sister and i had to do our homework as the teachers gave alot of homework during the chinese new year. :( I then went to my grandmother's house to eat steambout. Usually, in previous years, I will gamble with my father's family and i will usually earn abot $120++. But this year, I gambled alot lesser as my luck was not very good. However, i still managed to make about $30+. :S Instead, I borrowed my 9 year old cousin's gameboy SP and played pokemon emerald. And to my surprise, it actually turned out to be quite fun! So, thus chinese new year turned out to be quite fruitful and I rediscovered a old game. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment