Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Project's Day Prelims

Today was the project's day preliminary round. In case any of you do not know, project's day is an annual event held in my school. This competition is meant to hone our skills as researchers. It also judges us on several rounds of oral presentations as well as a web-based report. We have 4 rounds of judging every year. First, we have the prelims which is usually held in April, the semi-finals which is held in July, the finals in August and the grand finals in September. Last year, I joined a very good group, which meant I passed prelims and semi-finals without any problems and I got an 'A' grade in the end, which was very impressive for a Secondary 1 student. This year, however, i formed my own group and gathered 3 friends to make a 4 men team. We worked during the March holidays and weekends and our mentor guided us along pretty well, thus we had quite a good presentation to show during the prelims. We were actually supposed to present before recess. However, due to some rearrangement of groups, we became one of the middle few after recess. As we walked down the stairs to start our presentation, my heart was beating like a trip-hammer. I swallowed my saliva and started presenting. We did pretty well and the judges had some questions. However, we already prepared a list of questions we predicted the judges would ask and we had the answers as well. Our predictions did not fail us and we got pass the Question-and-Answer segment safely. My only hope for now is that we could get into semi-finals and the judges have good comments about us. Hopefully it will come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment