Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Birthday

Hi all, today was my birthday! :) Although many people think that a birthday is a event to be celebrated on a grand scale, i beg to differ. I feel that birthdays are just the same as any other day and we still have to do work and run errands. If we just relax and have a good time and neglect our work on our birthday, we will be scolded by teachers on the next day for not doing our work. Thus, contrary to other's opinion, I feel that we should carry on living our normal lives on our birthday. In the early years of my life, my parents would buy a cake and call our relatives and celebrate my birthday like its the Lunar New Year. After that, when i could choose how to celebrate my birthday, I chose to downgrade and just buy a cake and celebrate with my family. This year, I did something totally different. I did not even bother to buy a birthday cake, which means i did not even bother celebrating my birthday. However, it was a different story in school. My whole class wished my happy birthday and every lesson and kept on embarrassing me. After school, i was also "attacked" by my classmate when i was rehearsing the presentation for my project with my friends. Luckily, I managed to "defeat" him and i could carry on with my rehearsal.
On the whole, I feel that my birthday this year is very different from previous years in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment