Monday, August 9, 2010

National Day

Hi all, Today was my national day celebration. If you don't know, National Day is to mark the nationhood of a nation or non-sovereign country. Thus, National Day is very important to a country. Today, we did not go to school in our school uniform. Instead, we could wear our own clothes from home, provided they are red or we can wear the Pe + Khaki combo. I chose the Pe + Khaki combo due to the fact that i was lazy to search for red shirts in my closet. Back to the story, so when i arrived in school, everyone was slacking in class and we were all in a very happy mood due to the fact that there were no lessons on that day. Much to my surprise, there was no one wearing red t-shirts. Everyone was wearing the pe + Khaki combo or just the school uniform. However, during flag-raising, I saw one of my classmates, Carlin, wearing red. So after flag raising, there was this long speech as usual which practically no one listens to(correct me if I'm wrong) and everyone was just staring around and occasionally saying a word or two to the people beside them to pass the time. So when we finally entered the Kah Kee Hall for our National Day celebration, it was very squeezy as there was not much space to start with and 2 levels had to squeeze(the sec 3 and 4s sat upstairs) and there was also the teachers. So mainly, I was talking to my friends and playing my handphone games as I was never interested in the performances. Anyway, there was wushu, malay or indian dance and there was the mass singing of national day songs. So at 10am, the celebration finally ended and I went out with my friends. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment