Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brisbane trip - 2nd day

Today was basically just us and the host. So in the morning, we ate some cereal for breakfast. I did not really like it as it was flavourless, unlike the ones in Singapore. So, after breakfast, my host asked us if we wanted to go shopping or to the countryside. Since the city would be similar to Singapore, my friend and I opted for the countryside. We took a one-and-a-half-hour ride to Toowoomba. During the ride, I manage to finish reading a book. :) Once we reached Toowoomba, it was freezing due to the rain and i immediately regretted not bringing a jacket there. Firstly, we attempted to try to find our host's friend's house, but we failed. Then, we said that we were hungry and the host brought us to a old english pub to have our meals. I ordered the chicken kier. It was wonderful and one of the best foods I have ever tasted. When I sliced open the chicken, butter with garlic flowed out like a river. The butter was melted and the chicken was hollowed out in the middle to let the butter have space. At first, I thought that butter was lemon sauce because I never imagined that butter would be like this. I took a bite and it turned out to be very nice. The fries were also very crispy, alot better than Singapore's. After lunch, we went to play snooker while we waited for the rain to stop. I lost to the host due to my inexperience. :P After a nice lunch, we went home because we had to attend church at 4.30pm. The church had a live band playing christian tunes and I was very impressed by it. We had fruit salad for dinner and I was left hungry for the night. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment